My friend posted a blog (ClaireCroxtonRomanceAuthor.wordpress.com) today about the progress she’s made on several projects. Feeling rather frazzled this past week, it inspired me to think about what I’ve accomplished.
1) Completed a new short story.
2) Sent a total of 13 short stories and poems to two contests.
3) Submitted two short stories to a literary journal.
4) Submitted a short story to an anthology.
5) Appeared on Madison Woods’ blog. (Well, okay, actually she interviewed about a week ago, but it appears this week, so I’m counting it anyway!) And thanks, Madison, for some excellent and thought-provoking questions!
6) Lined up a blog series that I’m REALLY excited about. (To be announced soon!)
7) Added three pages to my work-in-process, Broken Dreams.
8) Posted a blog entry on Character Body Language.
I think it’s important sometimes–especially when frazzled–to sit down, take a deep breath, and think about all that you’ve accomplished.
So all in all, I’d say this was not a bad week, at least in terms of my writing. But, outside of my writerly world? Well, take a look at my desk and guess what I’ll be doing tomorrow.