I’m excited to announce my new workbook, Creative Characterization, is now available on Amazon!
- Describing Photos and Paintings
- Writing Letters
- Writing in a Different Point of View
- Accessing Character’s Inner Child
It’s filled with exercises to help you create characters that will keep readers turning the pages. Who knows? You might even discover a little something about yourself!
*** GIVEAWAY! ***
To celebrate the release of Creative Characterization, I’ll be giving away a copy of the workbook. All you have to do is complete the following exercise excerpt from the book:
I. Choose one of your characters, and in your character’s voice, answer one of the following questions:
• If you could be a fly on the wall, where would that wall be, and who would be there?
• Who do you need to forgive?
• What do your friends not know about you, and why not?
II. Share as a comment to this blog post, and include the following:
- The title of your book or manuscript
- A little about the character who will answer
- Answer to one of the three questions above
- Did you learn anything new about your character?
You must include answers to 1,2 ,3 and 4 to be eligible for the drawing.
III. Comment before Friday, May 22 at noon. (Central Standard Time)
I’ll pick a winner via random drawing following the deadline and will announce the contest winner by Saturday, May 23. (NOTE: Only residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia will be eligible to enter.)