This morning, via Facebook, I found an interesting list (I love lists!) by Brooke Warner titled “52 Things Ideas for Writers for 2015” on the Huffington Post blog.
My first thought was to try one idea a week and blog about it. But based on my past success rate with keeping up with such a list on a weekly basis, I think instead, I’ll do as many as possible and blog about it when worthy. 🙂 After all, Ms. Warner states in her article:
I’m a firm believer that it’s good to have goals, but also to hold them gently.
For now, I thought I’d share a couple of ideas from the list that especially interest me, perhaps a little morsel of temptation for you to view the entire list on Huffington Post.
4. Get your name in print, meaning you must submit! Get e-mails about opportunities from CRWROPPS, a Yahoo! listserv that culls calls for submissions.
7. Become a HuffPost blogger. (This is achievable for anyone, even if it feels elusive.)
25. Create an audio book of a recently published book. Check out this free webinar on the subject from Betsy Graziani Fasbinder, author of Fire and Water, who put out an audio book version of her novel in 2014.
31. Gift yourself a weekend away to brainstorm or write, or to just be with your own thoughts.
40. Create a book cover for your book-in-progress. Nothing brings a book to life like making it “real,” even if it’s just a collage or a vision that serves as the basis of what you want the book to look like some day.
44. Create a vision board for your book. This is different than a book cover concept. It’s a collage of images and/or words that inspire you, and that can keep you motivated and disciplined with your writing goals.
51. Write an affirmation statement that expresses all your strengths as a writer. Remind yourself why you write and allow yourself an opportunity to truly give yourself a compliment.
Any ideas to add?
Share your favorite idea from the list!